The Securities and Exchange Commission proposed rule amendments that would require a domestic or foreign registrant to include certain climate-related information in its registration statements and periodic reports such as as on Form 10-K, including:
● Climate-related risks and their actual or likely material impacts on the registrant’s business, strategy, and outlook;
● The registrant’s governance of climate-related risks and relevant risk management processes;
● The registrant’s greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions, which, for accelerated and large accelerated filers and with respect to certain emissions, would be subject to assurance;
● Certain climate-related financial statement metrics and related disclosures in a note to its audited financial statements; and
● Information about climate-related targets and goals, and transition plan, if any.
The proposed disclosures are similar to those that many companies already provide based
You want to read more? You may read more here
Find out how CRREM can assist you in the transition of your properties!