Our colleague Juan José Lafuente attended yesterday the event organized by the Property Investor Europe Magazine (PIE) in London, UK.
The meeting, named Breakfast Briefing: Sustainability and green buildings, discussed different topics related to obsolescence, resilience, sustainability and investment in the commercial real estate sector.
The points discussed during the event were:
- How important has sustainability become for commercial real estate investors as well as tenants?
- How important are sustainability standards, such as BREEAM and LEED, for investors?
- How much of an effect does sustainability have on rents and values?
- What role does technology play in developing green buildings? Who else has a role to play? (cities? investors?)
- What does `green office buildings’ mean? What does `green buildings’ mean for other asset classes – such as retail, hospitality or residential?
To read more about the meeting visit: Breakfast Briefing: Sustainability and green buildings
To know more about PIE visit: www.pie-mag.com